- This event has passed.
Berlin Meets USA: the Power of the American Digital Platforms
07/02/2019 @ 18:00 - 21:00| Free
Berlin Meets USA | July 2 | Berlin
Expanding & Launching Profitable Digital Products & Services on the American Market (and beyond) with a Digital Platform Strategy.
2nd Edition of “Berlin Meets USA” on transatlantic business expansion is going to delve deeper into the topic and concentrate on one of fastest growing markets for digital platforms, the United States.
Within the last 15 years, the Internet has developed an unprecedented global marketplace. According to the recent McKinsey study, global online traffic across borders grew 18-fold between 2005 and 2012, and could increase eightfold more by 2025. Digital innovations, which reduce the cost of production and distribution, are changing capital flows in the two following ways: through the creation of purely digital goods and services and digital platforms that facilitate cross-border production and exchange. New evidence shows that companies adapting ‘offensive corporate strategy’ and reallocating resources to innovative digital models experience increase of revenue and growth within the first 3 years in opposite to companies applying “defensive strategy” (McKinsey).
America’s market size, purchasing power, advanced technologies and popularity of using online platforms to purchase, sell, book, exchange goods and services make it a powerful hotspot for growth-oriented digital platforms. The number of e-customers in the US has been estimated for over 210 milion in 2018 and it keeps upward trend, which is expected to reach over 230 milion users by 2021. Thus, creating a huge opportunity for European digital platform businesses to increase their online footprint.
Attendees of the event will come away with knowledge on how to analyse and comprehend American e-market, receive the most significant information related to digital platform business expansion to USA and will have the opportunity to create valuable partnerships between digital platforms specialists, successful online companies, developers, investors, international marketing agencies and organizations encouraging economic development growth in USA.
This event aims to answer the following questions:
- What are the available tools to make the digital platform expansion process more managable?
- What are the key steps to launch profitable digital products in the dynamic US market?
- What are the most important legal factors to consider while targeting transatlantic Online marketplace?
- How to create and manage marketing campaings to attract American e-customers?
- How to develop successful digital platform strategy to expand globally?
18:00 – 18:15 Registration
18:15 – 19:50 Presentations
19:50 – 20:20 Panel Discussion
20:20 – 21:00 Networking with Drinks and Food provided by Smunch
Speakers (more speakers TBA):
- Event Moderator: Adam Formanek, Head of International B2B Business, SIBB e.V
- Wojciech Szkutnik, Founder, Talixo | Managing Director Tango Digital Agency
- Matthew Listro, Co-Founder, Harbinger (Video Broadcast)
- Greg William, Executive Business Consultant, ultimecom.com , Startups Expansion (Video Broadcast)
- Klaus M.Birsch, Head of Technology DWF Germany Rechtsanwaltgesellchaft mbH
- Markus van Tilburg, Director Europe Office, Fairfax County Economic Development Authority.