- This event has passed.
Creative Startup Essentials
05/14/2019 @ 18:00 - 21:00| €150
Creative Startup Essentials | May 14 | London
Learn how to turn a creative idea into a successful business.
Whether it’s setting up a design studio, digital agency, photography business or running a gallery, knowing the basics of business is an essential part of creating a new venture. Produced by Creative Entrepreneurs, this three-part course will provide you with the essential skills to start your creative business journey. Through seminar discussions led by experts and hands-on activities, participants will cover topics including the art of networking, legal and finance basics.
14 May 2019
Creative Startup Essentials – The Art of Networking Basics
by Carolyn Dailey, Founder, Creative Entrepreneurs
– Overview – the power of connection: how things happen today
– Preparation – defining goals, research, preparing marketing materials
– Networking in action – lay of the land, strategies and techniques
– Harnessing reciprocity and trust – cultivating long term relationships
21 May 2019
Creative Startup Essentials – Legal Basics
by Efrat Gordon & Joshua Metliss, Lee & Thompson
– What are the common characteristics if creative industry businesses?
– Company basics – key considerations when setting up, organization and share structures
– People basics – employees, freelancers and consultants, how to incentivize and retain key individuals
– IP basics – IP overview, understanding what you own and how to exploit and protect it
28 May 2019
Creative Startup Essentials – Finance Basics
by Shaun Beaney, ICEAW & Martin Carruthers, Grant Thornton
– Accounting basics – information tracking, bookkeeping and financial planning
– Tax basics – corporate tax overview, HMRC, VAT, SEIS
– Fundraising basics – business plan and pitch deck, friends and family, angel investment, startup loans (crowdfunding to be mentioned but not covered in detail)