- This event has passed.
Crypto Startup School 2018
06/25/2018 @ 8:00 - 06/29/2018 @ 17:00| €4.520
Crypto Startup School 2018 | June 25 – 29 | Frankfurt
ICO acceleration in one week. Deep focus on Blockchain, ICOs and Entrepreneurship.
To put the Crypto Startup School in a nutshell:
- 5-day summer school with excellent lectures, discussions and workshops
- In-depth focus on the ICO ecosystem, business models, technology, legal and investor relations
- Top-notch networking platform for SMEs, corporates, VCs and startups
- Hands-on experience of developing an ICO-ready business model from concept to creation
- Contest for the best pitch, including prize money and free workshops for the best projects
In the wake of sky-rocketing popularity of cryptocurrencies, the ICO market has sprung to life and developed into a growing token-ecosystem. Due to the rising number of startups seeking funding through ICOs, the question arises whether traditional venture capital is at the verge of disruption. Since ICOs are here to stay, SMEs, startups and corporates need to understand the fundamentals, dynamics, regulatory aspects and transformative powers for their business models. This boot camp aims at taking a deep-dive into the ICO ecosystem in the context of entrepreneurship. The goal is to provide participants with the necessary tools to make existing business models ICO-ready, or to accelerate a new business model through an ICO, respectively. Notable lecturers include:
Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
Paul Kohlhaas, Consensys
Robin Weninger, German Tech Entrepreneurship Center
Dr. Luka Müller, MME
Dr. Nina-Luisa Siedler, DWF
Dr. Sebastian Keding, McDermott Will & Emery
Paul Kammerer, Commerzbank
Patrick Lowry, Iconiqlab
Andreas Schemm, Vreo
Maksim Balashevich, Santiment
Jasmin Güngör, DLT Capital
Andreas Höfner, Arbitrage Analytics
Dr. Matthias Hirtschulz, d-fine
Christian Labetzsch, micobo
The Frankfurt School Blockchain Center and the German Tech Entrepreneurship Center jointly organize the Crypto Startup School, which will take place as a summer school from 25-29th of June 2018 on the campus of the Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
The concept of the Crypto Startup School is based on a unique mixture of high-quality, university-style lectures and interactive, hands-on work experience on a project. The lectures include presentations, discussions and workshops with recognized experts from leading institutions who report first-hand of their experiences in their respective field. The project consists of group work, which will be conducted after classes and allows participants to apply the learned concepts in practice. Hence participants of the Crypto Startup School can sign up individually and meet new people to work with on a case or register as a group and gather their colleagues to develop their own ICO business model.
The three main builiding, blocks that are in focus at the Crypto Startup School involve:
- Blockchain Technology: Crypto Economics, Technology, Smart Contracts
- ICOs: Funding Contracts, Platforms, Token Model, Legal, Investors Relations, Marketing
- Entrepreneurship: Bootstrapping, Seed Funding, Business Model, Team Building
Using this approach, participants will get deep insights into entrepreneurship, blockchain technology fundamentals, as well as ICOs. What’s more, they have the opportunity to network with industry experts and even work on a concept to use ICOs as a way to fund their own project. To top it off, the best projects will be rewarded with prize money or in-depth workshops on ICO Campaign Management and have the chance to see their project come to life. The following topics will be in focus:
- How important will the ICO and token ecosystem be as a funding vehicle in the future? Will traditional venture capital be disrupted?
- How does seed-funding through an ICO work?
- What implications do liquidity and market capitalization of cryptocurrency markets have on the liquidity and feasibility of ICOs?
- Are cryptocurrencies a prerequisite for a functioning ICO-market?
- How do I develop feasible Blockchain use-cases and business models?
- What opportunities and risks do I need to be aware of when accelerating an existing business with funding through an ICO?
- How can tokens be structured? What difference does that make from a legal and regulatory point of view?
- What are the main differences in regulatory frameworks for tokens between countries? Does geography play a vital role despite a globalized market?
- How to set up a feasible token model and campaign?
- What are the best practices when preparing an ICO pitch-deck?
- What information do I include in an ICO whitepaper? How do I structure it correctly? What are the main sources of error?
Participants will be working in groups on their individual ICO projects during afternoon sessions. On the final day of the program, each group is given the opportunity to pitch their project in front of a group of judges. The total prize money of 10.000€ will be awarded to the three best projects as follows:
The projects finishing 4th, 5th and 6th, will be rewarded with specialized workshops on ICO campaign and community management.
LOCATION AND DATE
Location: Frankfurt School of Finance & Management
Date: Monday 25 until Friday 29, June 2018
Registration via Eventbrite is required; Participants who might not want to pay via credit card on Eventbrite can contact us; this way we will provide an invoice which would then be paid e.g. via bank transfer.
Tickets can also be paid for in Bitcoin or Ether. To ensure operational efficiency, we would be grateful for prior notification via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Services included in the ticket price consist of participation in the program for the entire week, drinks over the course of every day and lunch. Please note that breakfast, dinner, and accommodation is not included.
See event website: www.crypto-startup-school.de
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
This conference is ideal for participants who are looking to understand the transformative power of the ICO market on existing and new business models, as well as on project funding:
- Startups and founders interested in exploring the opportunities and risks of ICO funding
- SMEs, high-tech companies, and corporates looking to understand the ICO as a funding mechanism and its implications for their business
- Investors in innovative technology, venture capitalists and crypto investors seeking to leverage ICOs for their investment decisions
- Lawyers, consultants, and analysts (with IT or business background)
Participants can register individually or in groups. In case of individual registration, participants will be assigned to groups for the project work.
Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
Phone: +49 69 154 008-790
About the Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
The Frankfurt School Blockchain Center is a think tank and research center which investigates the implications of blockchain technology for companies and their business models. Apart from the development of prototypes, it serves as a platform for managers, startups, technology and industry experts to share knowledge and best practices. The Blockchain Center also provides new research impulses and develops training for students and executives. It focuses on banking, mobility, “Industrie 4.0” and the energy sector.
About the German Tech Entrepreneurship Center
GTEC is on a mission to inspire people, guide entrepreneurs and grow sustainable companies. As an independent and value-driven ecosystem, we bring together and educate corporates, academia, and entrepreneurs to jointly address challenges through the application of technology while passing along wisdom to create tomorrow’s change-makers.
Further information can be found on the Website.