- This event has passed.
FIWARE ICT CHALLENGE
12/04/2018 - 12/06/2018| Free
FIWARE ICT CHALLENGE | December 4 – 6 | Vienna
Developer competition: create a Smart City app in 48 hours. Making cities a better place to live in.
The best developers realize will get to their concept in a Challenge Partner project and win prize money totaling 10,000 Euros.
THE ICT 2018 CHALLENGES
Vienna, one of the most innovative cities in the world, has teamed up with the Open & Agile Smart Cities initiative, a network of more than 120 agile and Smart Cities, and the European Commission. Together with the FIWARE Foundation, they are the facilitators of this year’s ICT Challenges where the best developers in Europe show their talent in Vienna during 4th to 6th December 2018.
BUILD YOUR PROTOTYPE
Join in today and apply with your idea on how to solve one of the ICT challenges which make cities a better place to live in. Your mission is to create a concept and running prototype/MVP during the 48-hour hackathon which will then be presented to a jury.
- Program a game to draw people’s attention to climate change and energy issues in their region.
- Build a digital citizen assistant using Open Data from all over Austria.
- Create a data performance cockpit for Digital Twins.
- Develop an intelligent energy app using various data sets from solar power plants and sensor networks.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Implement your Proof of Concept in a real project of the Challenge Partner.
- Present to decision makers from companies, cities and the EU Commission.
- Win cash prizes of 10.000 Euro in total and tickets to conferences such as the Smart City Expo World Congress in Barcelona.
- Showcase your prototype in the ICT community of developers, startups, universities, companies, and policy-makers.
FIWARE: THE OPEN SOURCE STANDARDS & COMPONENT FRAMEWORK FOR OUR SMART DIGITAL FUTURE
This is a unique opportunity to take advantage of the FIWARE framework of generic components to develop your solutions in a fast and agile manner. FIWARE standards and APIs are used to build applications and access data in Smart Cities, as well as in the Smart Industry, Agriculture and Energy sectors. Globally, FIWARE is recognized as setting the benchmarks for interoperability in context-aware and data-driven platforms.
More information: fiware.org/developers/