- This event has passed.
Tech meets Finance – Artificial Intelligence – Use Cases and Legal Challenges
September 26 @ 18:30 - 20:30| Free
Tech meets Finance – Artificial Intelligence – Use Cases and Legal Challenges | September 26 | Frankfurt
Fieldfisher Event “Tech meets Finance – Artificial Intelligence – Use Cases and Legal Challenges”
When: September 26, 2019, 18:30 Uhr
Where: TurmCenter, Eschersheimer Landstr. 14, 60322 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Artificial intelligence (AI) and its fields of application are making rapid progress and accelerating the digitization of the financial industry as a whole.
The possible applications for software solutions that are able to recognize patterns on the basis of a large amount of data and to make decisions on this basis concern fields as diverse as
- drafting contracts for regulatory change projects,
- the analysis of court judgments and
- the calculation of the chances of success of litigation strategies or
- the creation of psychological profiles during personnel interviews.
In sanctions law, “smart sentencing” models are causing a sensation. The financial supervisory authorities have also consistently recognised the potential of AI and are actively involved in shaping the debate. The legal challenges associated with the use of AI are as varied as the applications themselves, and FinTechs is often the driving force behind innovation on the market.
We are very pleased to take this opportunity to present selected AI application models and to shed light on aspects of banking & finance, data protection, competition law and supervision.
- Possible applications for AI and their legal assessment – a
Field report from London
- Requirements of financial supervision for the application of CI in the case of
- Data protection and competition law – Special features in the case of
KI Models Panel discussion with speakers and our guests
Speakers & Guests
- Chris Eastham, Fieldfisher London, Technology, Outsourcing & Privacy
- Dr. Thorsten Voss, Fieldfisher Frankfurt, Financial Services & Regulatory
- Thorsten Ihler, Fieldfisher Hamburg, Technology, Outsourcing & Privacy
- Dr. Julia von Buttlar, Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin)
Please register early, as the number of participants is limited.
We are looking forward to your visit! Drinks and food will be provided!
All about AI and Law!
On 27 September 2019, you will also have the opportunity to have one to one discussions with our experts on the legal framework for the use of AI.
To make an appointment, please send an e-mail to